Gay's The Word
Gay's The Word is a historic and prominent bookshop in London, located just off Russell Square tube station. The shop played a significant role in LGBT history and was involved in the miners strike in the 1980s, fostering a connection between different communities.
The shop offers a wide range of LGBTQ+ literature, including fiction, self-help, and political discourse. They also sell memorabilia and small items like badges and totes. The staff are very welcoming and knowledgeable about the history and significance of the shop.
Features at Gay's The Word:
- Specializes in LGBTQ literature
- Offers a wide variety of books including fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and young adult fiction
- Selection of rare and used books
- Section for trans and nonbinary literature
- Events section with regular book signings, talks, and other events featuring LGBTQ authors and other members of the community
- Offers gift ideas including merchandise and vouchers
Show full week
We try to keep this information updated, but always
Have you been to Gay's The Word and have something to say? Help the community and share your piece of mind
Login to comment
Please login to add your comment.
Thoughts from Online Reviews
Here is a summary of things mentioned about Gay's The Word in online reviews.
- Gays the Word played a prominent and important role in LGBT history
- Historic and prominent bookshop
- A great source of LGBTQ+ literature
- Safe space for queer book lovers
- Good curation of lgbtq+ books
- Friendly and welcoming staff
- Recommendation to visit
- Good selection of LGBTQ books
- Piece of queer history
- Giving a sense of community
User photos from Gay's The Word:
It’s always best to view a place from the eyes of the visitors. Help us out by uploading a few photos from this location.