Wapa Tapa is a family-run tapas restaurant bar located in the heart of the Yumbo Centre in Playa del Inglés, Gran Canaria. They aim to offer an imaginative mix of Spanish and international tapas, along with a selection of Spanish wines and international drinks that are the best value for money. The business was founded by Adrian Leared and Carlos Andrade in 2012, and has since developed a loyal customer base from both home and abroad. The "tapas con corazón" or "tapas with heart" philosophy is at the core of everything the team does, which has helped establish special relationships with customers.
The new restaurant bar was built to their own design and specifications, and promises to deliver the same intense tapas experience as the previous one, but in a more comfortable and contemporary setting.
Most of the tapas are designed to be shared between two people, with three or so per person being sufficient to fill you up and leave room for pudding.
Customers can check out the blackboard specials, and the menu also includes certain basic dietary information, with the staff being happy to provide additional information on allergens or any other required guidance. Cold tapas options include Freshly Baked Bread, Marinated Olives, Wapa Tapa Salad, Spanish Cheese Platter, Zucchini Carpaccio, and Classic Chickpea Hummus.
Features at Wapa Tapa:
- Located in the heart of the Yumbo Centre in Playa del Inglés, Gran Canaria
- Imaginative mix of Spanish and international tapas
- Great value Chef's Tapas Selection available
Show full week
We try to keep this information updated, but always
Have you been to Wapa Tapa and have something to say? Help the community and share your piece of mind
Login to comment
Please login to add your comment.
Thoughts from Online Reviews
Here is a summary of things mentioned about Wapa Tapa in online reviews.
- Food is excellent and diverse
- Service is friendly and top-notch
- Staff is knowledgeable, genuine and accommodating
- Atmosphere is cozy and lovely
- Highly recommended, with some reviewers returning for multiple visits
- Booking in advance is advised as it can get busy
- Some menu items are better than others (e.g. Korean fried chicken, Canarian potatoes)
- Wine list is delicious
- Host is kind and welcoming
- The team has trouble finding seats at times
User photos from Wapa Tapa:
It’s always best to view a place from the eyes of the visitors. Here’s some pictures submitted by our users.